ΟΥ


Waco, TX


Chapter Name:
Chapter Number:
Chapter Web Site:
Chapter Address:

Chapter E-mail:

Contact Name:
Contact #:
Contact E-mail:

Omicron Upsilon
630
www.WacoQues.com
P. O. Box 1346
Waco, TX 76703
waco.ques@gmail.com

Bro. Kotto Forward
2146290763
kotto_1@netzero.net
Basileus: 
1st Vice Basileus: 
KRS: 
KF: 
Chaplain: 
Editor: 
Kotto Forward
Darrell Robbins
Cortier Armstead
Justin Rice
Otis Brent III
None Listed

About Omicron Upsilon

                                                 HISTORY OF OMICRON UPSILON CHAPTER

                                                         (As of January 17, 2005)

 

Brothers Acie Hatchett and James Brooks met at the Alpha Grill in Waco, Texas and came up with the idea of establishing a Graduate Chapter of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., in Waco, Texas. These men initially met during the Christmas Holidays in the home of Bro. Acie Hatchett during the year of 1948. They followed up with this idea by calling a number of men they thought would be interested in such an establishment. However, nothing happened until the summer of 1951 when the first meeting was held in June of 1951 in the home of Bro Louis W. Jones with the following men in attendance: Acie Hatchett, James Brooks, Jimmy Jerone, Louis W. Jones, Lewis Ritcherson, Sercy Ritcherson, Vernon Hicks, Wayman T. Dever (Sr.), Sam Dickey, Ewell Clement, Jake Graham, James Jackson, and Bro Jesse Bowser. The second meeting was held in the home of Bro. Jack Graham and officers were elected, including Basileus- Acie Hatchett, Vice Basileus- James Brooks, Keeper of Records and Seal-Jesse Bowser, and Keeper of Finance- Jack Graham. After the officers were elected, the Fraternity supplied to the 9th District Representative, Dr. F. Rivers Barnwell and was awarded the Chapter Charter on March 13, 1952. At the time of chartering, the following national officers were in office: Grand Basileus-Grant Reynolds, First Vice Grand Basileus- John F. Potts, Second Vice Grand Basileus- James S. Young, Grand Keeper of Records and Seal- Walter H. Reddick, Grand Keeper of Finance- J.B. Blayton, and Editor in Chief of The Oracle- Ellis F. Corbett.

The chapter operations were dissolved after when Bro Graham moved away and took everything with him. The chapter was later reorganized in 1955 at the home of Bro. Louis W. Jones. However, the chapter, as we know it today, did not gain real momentum until Bros. Acie Hatchett and Sercy Ritcherson revitalized the chapter operations on July 4, 1964. Some of the first active chapter members during this time were Bros. Julius Fortson, Walter A. Meeks (Sr.), Leon H. McCloney, James J. Mayes. The first line of the chapter after chartering included Carl Brown, William H. Peoples, and Dillard Warner.